Connecticut Jr Huskies Parent/Guardian Code of Conduct
- I will remember that my child plays hockey for his or her enjoyment.
- I will learn the rules of the game and the policies of the league/organization.
- I will inform the coach of any disability or ailment that may affect the safety of my child or the safety of others.
- I will insure that my child treats other players, coaches, officials and spectators with respect regardless of race, creed, color, sex or ability.
- I will never ridicule or yell at my child for making a mistake or losing a competition.
- I will remember that children learn best by example. I will applaud good players’ performances by both my child’s team and their opponents.
- I will support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from children’s sporting activities.
- I (and my guests) will be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials and spectators at every game, practice or other sporting event.
- I (and my guests) will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player, or parent such as booing and taunting; refusing to shake hands; or using profane language or gestures.
- I will emphasize skill development and practices and how they benefit my child over winning.
- I will stress the importance of academics first and foremost in the overall development experience, understanding that sports participation is a privilege, not an excuse for classroom obligations.
- I will respect the coaches and their authority during games and will never question, discuss, or confront coaches at the rink. If needed, I will request time to speak with the coaches at an agreed upon time and place 24 hours after the event.
- I will leave the coaching to coaches (NO Coaching from the STANDS), ensuring not to publicly criticize them, their strategies or the team; nor pressure my student-athlete or coaches about practices, playing time and performance. If I have any concerns regarding coaching, I will contact the Director of Coaching with CJH.
- I also agree that if I fail to abide by the aforementioned rules and guidelines, I will be subject to disciplinary action that could include, but not limited to the following:
A Verbal warning by official, head coach, or CJH Board of Directors, followed by Written warning from CJH Board of Directors. Parents/Guardians can be subjected to game suspension with written documentation of incident kept on file by organizations involved and/or parental season suspension.